Monday, June 30, 2014

Groot - Piece Breakdown


With the new Marvel film "Guardian's of the Galaxy" coming out soon, I recently painted a portrait of one of the main characters of the film, Groot. This post will be a quick and dirty breakdown of the piece.


As always I began with a sketch. I honestly don't know a lot about this character so I had to use a lot of reference to get him to look right.


Next I added in the color. Originally I wasn't planning on keeping the sketch in there, but I kinda liked how it ended up looking so I kept it.


Normally the last step would be to add a background and call it a day, but I felt that the piece was a bit too flat and didn't really stand out.


After some tweaking, I finally got it to a place where I was happy. And there ya go! Groot from start to finish.

As always I hope you enjoyed!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment