Sunday, June 15, 2014

Animation Mentor's Fútbol Contest!

This coming Fall, I should be attending Animation Mentor, which is this incredible online animation school. At Animation mentor you are taught animation by professionals working in the industry. There are mentors from Pixar, Dreamworks, Bluesky, Disney, ILM, Nick, etc. I'm super excited to attend, especially seeing my friends Chelsea and Nick post all of their awesome assignments this past year. Recently on the Animation Mentor facebook page, they posted a contest inspired by the World Cup. The contest was to take any rig and put it into some sort of Soccer pose (if you remember in this post I previously did some pose work inspired by AM). I've always been fascinated by some of the jumping kicks you'll see Soccer players do, so I thought it would be fun to go with a pose like that. I ended up doing a little bit of compositing to make the piece look like it was a still frame from an animation, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.



As always enjoy!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment