Thursday, January 23, 2014

From Concept to Creation

So as a result of working on Celestial, I have gotten really good at painting planets. Because we are now entering the final stages of production, our texture lead Ward Silverman (check out his site here) has been pumping out some planets with some KILLER textures. Because our film is so planet heavy, today I gave Ward a concept painting I did of a lava planet. I have to say it is really awesome seeing something you painted come to life right before your eyes. Rather than talk about how awesome of a job Ward did, I decided to use this blogpost to show you! I'm currently working on a visual development reel, so this is one of the pieces I will include.

This is the original concept painting I did.


 And this is the finished render of Ward's planet


As you can see Ward did a killer job!

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you check out Ward's site!

Enjoy!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment