Friday, January 31, 2014

Celestial Style Guide - Gan's Planet Formation

So this past week we finally finished the first pass Animation for Celestial. As one of the Animation leads, it was my job to help develop the style of how Gan moved. Specifically how his wings move and how he forms planets. As you might remember from this post I had the idea to combine aspects of Tai Chi to come up with how Gan would create a planet. Below is the animation from the style guide illustrating that. I'm pretty proud with how this turned out considering this was my first time animating wings.


And just for fun, I thought it would be cool to include the reference video I shot for this animation. As you can tell I slowed the animation down a lot, but the movements are the same.


As always enjoy!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment