Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Allow me to Introduce Myself!

So I decided to start this blog after talking with my good friend Chelsea. She suggested that I make a blog to show off my art, since I'm always posting it on facebook.

I'll start off this blog with a little bit of an introduction. Hi! I'm Josh, nice to meet you! I'm an aspiring 3D animator currently enrolled in the Character Animation program at UCF. I've wanted to be an animator since I was five years old and the more I learn about the field, the more excited I get to work in it.

While I've always wanted to be an animator, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to pursue traditional 2D animation, or work towards becoming a 3D Animator. That all changed my senior year of high school when I read the book The Pixar Touch. This book legitimately changed my life, because from that moment on I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life .

The Character Animation program at UCF is quite an experience. I was lucky enough to be selected to join the program, after a grueling application process, along with 24 amazing artists. This past year has been eye opening as we've gotten to experience what it would be like to work in a real studio setting.

During the time we've been in the program, we went through the process of coming up with stories for us to animate, before finally narrowing it down to two films; Celestial and Yours, Mime, and Ours. I had been a part of Celestial since midterms, so I was quite excited when we found out we were selected as one of the two films.

We just finished up our first year of pre-production, and over the course of the next year we will go through the process of modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, animating, and rendering our short film. From time to time I will update this blog on the progress of our film.

On this blog I plan to post any drawings, paintings, or Animations I've done. Occasionally I might do a breakdown of a certain piece.

~Josh

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This is really cool!! Best wishes for many amazing posts like this one!!

    ReplyDelete