Saturday, March 28, 2015

Animation Mentor Assignment Eight and Nine!

Wow it has been a long time since I've updated you guys with my work from AM. Sorry about that! Honestly I've been so busy getting my work done, that I haven't had much time to update my blog! I'll make sure that next semester I do a better job of doing that!

Our second to last assignment was to do a vanilla walk cycle. Now I've done walk cycles in the past, however a vanilla walk cycle is a completely different beast. A vanilla walk is a walk that has no personality. It is a walk in its most basic form. Like always the first step was the sketch out what the walk would look like.



The next step was to block out the animation. Blocking is where you only animate the key poses. If an animation can read well when it's in its blocking pass, then 99% of the time it will read well when you put in all of the poses. I'll go more into the blocking process in future AM assignments.

After the blocking stage is finished, the next step is to go back into the animation and add the poses in between the key poses and clean up any mistakes. That should leave you with this, the finished animation


And there ya go! That was my finished walk cycle! I thought it would be fun though to see how far I've come and include the first two walk cycles I ever did. Keep in mind that these two animations were NOT vanilla walks, as they have a lot of personality.



Well that's it for now! I'll be posting the remainder of my assignments at AM along with my final demo reel soon!

Thanks for reading and as always enjoy!

~Josh

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing such a great blog. I found it to be very inspiring and helpful. Your ideas are very interesting and I hope you continue sharing them with us. I'm looking forward to reading it. I also share the BPM tapping tool on my blog. A BPM tapping tool can be used to measure the Beats Per Minute of an existing song, as well as to find the BPM of a song you want to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your blog post. Thanks to your post, we received many views. Please continue writing such posts. Wheel spin games can be useful in a number of ways. For example, you can use this type of game in e-learning courses to challenge learners about a particular topic. You must read this article Wheel Picker. Thanks

    ReplyDelete