Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Freelance Fun - Light Flight!

As many of you know, in addition to being an artist, I'm also a Magician! I'm really lucky to be friends with Jeff Prace, one of the smartest magicians I've ever met! Recently Jeff came up with a great magic trick where the logo from a borrowed Bic Lighter appears on his own lighter. Jeff asked me to help him come up with some packaging for this trick so he could give it out at a lecture he had in August.

Previously Jeff had me paint a concept art piece for him for a trick he's working on and he wanted another hand painted image for the packaging. I thought it might be interesting to see the evolution of the packaging from start to finish.
















As you can see it went through several iterations before we arrived at the one Jeff liked the best! Sometimes it was as simple as changing a font, other times it was just moving something over a few pixels.

If you're interested in Jeff's magic, you can check it out at his site here!

As always enjoy!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment