Monday, December 9, 2013

Indeed....

So in a few days it will be my good friend Chelsea's birthday! Now since she has given me a RIDICULOUS amount of animation help during the time that I've known her, I wanted to paint her something epic for her birthday. So after a conversation about how whenever she says "Indeed" it reminds me of someone super fancy, I decided to paint a ridiculously fancy version of Chelsea. I've always loved those portraits of celebrities that look like Russian generals so I decided to paint one of Chelsea. Here's the sketch I did first


I actually had Chelsea send me of a picture of her posed like this, but I never told her why. After getting it to look like her, I added some details to make uniquely Chelsea. After that was done, all that I had left was to paint it!


I was quite pleased with how it came out. I ended up printing it and getting it framed in a relatively fancy frame. Oh and for those of you worrying that this post will spoil the surprise... I already gave her the gift last time I saw her, since I didn't think I'd see her again before her birthday.

I have to say I'm really enjoying painting portraits and hope to do more soon.

As always enjoy!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment