Monday, November 18, 2013

Spock Portrait Tablet Class

So as most of you know, I learned how to paint by going to tablet classes that one of my seniors Trey taught each week. Since I'm now a senior, I decided to continue that tradition, and teach my juniors how to use their tablet. The first tablet class I taught how to paint a portrait and decided to draw Spock as our subject matter. It was a fun class, and the portraits turned out great. Here are some pictures from the class:






As you can see, we had a lot of fun! Now I didn't get a chance to finish my painting during the class, so I went back and worked on it and I finally finished it. First here's the sketch:


I was quite happy with how the sketch turned out, because I think it looks a lot like Zachary Quinto, which was exactly what I was going for. Several hours later, this was the final result:


There are a few things I might have changed, but overall I'm quite happy with the finished product. For someone who only recently started painting portraits, I feel like I have gotten the hang of them early on. As always thanks for checking out my blog!

Enjoy!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment