Monday, June 3, 2013

Animating Myself - Part 1

So I've decided that as a summer project, I was going to attempt to model, texture, and rig an animated version of myself. For those of you who don't know me in real life, my drawing style is "Disney-esque" . When I first saw Disney's Tangled, I knew that if I were to apply my style to 3D, it would be similar to that (this being said, I still feel like I have a far way to go with my drawing style, but I'll save that for a future blog post). I thought it would be fun to have my very own Josh Rig, so that I could use it for my demo reel, and my own personal animation projects. The very first step, and the reason behind this blog post, was to make a Model Sheet of my cartoon self, so I could use it as reference for the modeling stage. For those of you who don't know what a Model Sheet it, its typically a front view and side view of a person, object, or creature that the modeler will use in order to create the 3D model. Now that you know what a Model Sheet is, here's mine!

Enjoy!

~Josh


No comments:

Post a Comment