Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Piece Breakdown - The Tardis!

Now anyone who knows me knows how much I hate to model. I'm talking about 3D modeling by the way, not modeling for photos. Anyways, it's just been something I've never really been good at. Recently, with the help of my good friend James Bridges talking me through his process, I was able to model one of my favorite props from Doctor Who, the Tardis! Now this model still isn't 100% done. While the geometry is completed, I'm still working on the textures and materials. I plan on compositing this into a live action scene soon, so I can't wait to share it all with you! I'm very proud of this seeing as I was responsible for every stage of this project; modeling, UVing, texturing, rigging, lighting, and compositing. Below I've included a turntable of the model along with the texture images!


This is what the textures look like!


This was a quick render using an Image Based Lighting system. Thats why it appears as if the Tardis is floating



Tardis Turntable from Josh Janousky on Vimeo.

The final turntable!

As always enjoy!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment