Friday, April 4, 2014

Minimalist Firefly Poster

So recently I finally watched both Firefly and Serenity. I know, I know, what took me so long? Honestly I just never got around to watching it. Well now that I've finished the show and watched the movie, I thought it was fitting that I make another Minimalist poster. One thing that fascinated me about Firefly was the Serenity itself. The reason being that with most Sci-Fi ships, they have some sort of weapons system, yet the Serenity had no weapons whatsoever. Because of this I knew that my first Firefly poster would have to feature this unique ship. The second thing I decided I wanted to feature was the use of the Chinese culture in the series, which is why I went with the Chinese characters for Serenity in the center of the piece.

By now it should be obvious to anyone that I'm a huge fan of minimalist posters and I feel that every poster I make I improve my skills as an artist. I plan on making at least one or two more Firefly posters in the near future. Leave a comment below if you have a guess as to what or who they may be about!



As always enjoy!

~Josh

3 comments:

  1. Looking for a backdrop for my Firefly collection and this minimalist take on Serenity would be just the thing. Is it available to purchase in print form?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can find it here: https://society6.com/product/minimalist-firefly-poster_print#1=45

      Glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Looking for a backdrop for my Firefly collection and this minimalist take on Serenity would be just the thing. Is it available to purchase in print form?

    ReplyDelete