Monday, July 28, 2014

Traditional Animation - Attempt #1

Lately I've been on a bit of a traditional animation kick. I've been watching tons of documentaries on the subject and several animated films I've either never seen before or haven't seen in quite a while. The last time I did any 2D animation was back in December of 2012, so I decided I wanted to try my hand at a quick 2D animation. As some of you might be aware I'm a magician, and the trick that got me into magic was when I asked this magician for his business card and he pulled it out of thin air. I thought it would be cool to animate that trick. I shot myself doing the trick and began to animate! This was done with 14 different drawings, with the majority of them being on 2s. What that basically means is that each image was held for 2 frames, with a few exceptions. Anyways, enough talking, heres the animation!


This was a lot of fun to do, and I'm happy with how it turned out. I  plan on going back and cleaning up the animation since it is pretty rough. Who knows maybe I'll start doing some more 2D animations in the future!

As always thanks for reading and enjoy!

~Josh

1 comment: